What Is OPSEC?
The OPSEC process is a formalized, tried and true, method for protecting your critical information. OPSEC professionals are folks from all walks of life who have become proficient at this process and then further enhance it with an artistic clarity that comes from years of experience. While you can write about the process, only experience makes you proficient.
OPS is a proud sponsor
The OPS Mission Statement
The mission of the Operations Security Professionals Society is to advance the interests of the United States and its allies by:
- Promoting, within federal, state and municipal government agencies, academe, and private industry, as vital to national security interests, the development and nurturing of an Operations Security mindset and the practice of risk management based upon Operations Security principles;
- Serving as a means of educating and informing the American people with regard to the role of Operations Security in maintaining a strong national defense.
The Operations Security Professionals Society will accomplish its mission by means of:
- Establishing -and maintaining the integrity of- The Standards for Certification of Persons as Operations Security Professionals;
- Certifying persons as Operations Security Professionals;
- Expanding the body of knowledge upon which Operations Security practices are based;
- Building and maintaining the organizational,
financial, educational, training and other supporting
infrastructure elements required to enable the Society
to carry out the foregoing mission elements.
Page Last Updated On March 3, 2013